If digitalization has impacted our health then the smart world also has a cure for it! All the basic health monitoring functions are present on standard smartwatches. And then comes Fitbit, which fits in some advanced features from measuring stress to calculating the skin temperature. However, it even allows setting high and low heart rate alerts as in Apple Watch along with several other features. Moreover, the user can also customize and edit the threshold range accordingly.
Must See: How to fix Fitbit screen goes off too quickly?
In fact, once you have set the range, you’re free from any other job. The wearable will keep a track of your heart rate and notify you in case of emergency. Even if it happens for a while, your smartwatch takes care of it so you could take the necessary action.
So let’s check how you can set up high and low heart rate alerts on Versa 3. Prior to that, do note that the watch can look for heart rate data only when the body is in rest mode for at least 10 minutes. Also, make sure that the Versa 3 is on Fitbit OS 5.2 or above.
Steps to Set up High and Low Heart Rate Alert on Versa 3
- After pairing the device, open the Fitbit app on your smartwatch.
- Open the ‘Activity and Wellness Section’ or tap the ‘Today’ tab.
- Then head over to the Heart Settings > High and Low Heart Rate or scroll to the Profile Icon > Choose Fitbit Image > High & Low Heart Rate.
- You’ll see some heart rate metrics of highs and lows based upon your age, gender, and heart health. (Note: Fitbit App has an option to customize the thresholds).
- From here, you can easily switch High heart rate notifications and Low heart rate notifications.
- that’s it.
Steps to change heart rate thresholds for Fitbit
- Once again open the Heart Settings > High and Low Heart Rate > toggle Custom.
- Tap on the current threshold and set the high heart rate threshold.
- Similarly, You can change the threshold for low heart rate.
Solution for low heart rate notifications not working
Many people often complain about not getting heart rate notifications on their Fitbit. So this is an article regarding that problem. We have mentioned all the possible solutions to the problem and hope they will help you. Let’s start with checking the heart rate on your Fitbit.
- It is a very easy process, you just have to swipe up from your watch face and navigate to Advanced Stats. You will find your current heart rate over there. One can also see details about their heart rate by taping on it. Details like resting heart rate, heart rate zones, heart rate range are present inside the section. If you don’t find any heart rate detail or even the current heart rate, you can follow the solution mentioned below.
1. Checking the watch and reactivating notifications
Sometimes the problem lies in the way you are wearing the Fitbit, so check whether you are wearing it properly or not. Wear the watch properly and make sure the sensors are in contact with your skin. Wearing the watch inside of your wrist is also an efficient way to solve this problem or you can just remove and wear the watch again. If you are still not getting any heart rate notifications then try the method mentioned below.
Also, Fitbit only shows these notifications for 10 minutes after becoming inactive. So, first, confirm that situation and then follow the steps mentioned.
- Go to the app store on your smartphone(Apple App Store or Google Play Store) and check for Fitbit app update. Make sure you are on the latest version of the app.
- Open the app and select the Today tab. Tap on the profile icon and select your Fitbit device from the list.
- Go to the High and Low Heart Rate section and turn off notifications for both of them. Also, turn off notifications for any custom threshold you created.
- Sync your device using the Sync Now option present in there.
- Go back to the High and Low Heart Rate section and turn on notifications. But don’t create any custom threshold now.
- Now, put your Fitbit on and check for the heart rate notifications. If it works then you can create your custom thresholds now.
2. Still not getting the heart rate notifications?
If you have tried the solution given above and are still not getting the notifications, we have another one for you. This one includes restarting your Fitbit.
- Go to that Fitbit app and turn off the notifications in the High and Low Heart Rate section for everything.
- Restart your Fitbit by using the button present on the side of the Fitbit. Hold it for 10 seconds until the Fitbit logo appears, then release the button and wait for a restart.
- After the restart, return to the Fitbit app and turn on the notifications for high and low heart rates. Then, sync your device using Sync Now present in the app.
3. Factory reset
If none of the solutions present above worked for you, you can factory reset your Fitbit. All the data and customizations you made will be erased. Once you have erased everything, you have to pair your Fitbit again. Follow these steps to factory reset your Fitbit.
- Open the Fitbit app and sync your device. It will prevent any data loss.
- Open the Settings app on your Fitbit, scroll down to about, and tap on it.
- Choose the factory reset option over there and confirm it.
- Once done, return to the Fitbit app and start pairing your Fitbit. You should receive the notifications now.
4. Turning off Fitbit heart rate zone notifications
Heart rate zone notifications are the notifications you get while exercising. It is not the same as your normal heart rate notifications. If you wish to turn them off, here is how you can do it.
- Go to the Exercise app on your Fitbit and select the exercise.
- Swipe up and navigate to the settings.
- Finally, turn off the notifications toggle for the heart rate zone.
All the solutions must help you in getting your heart rate notifications. I hope this article was helpful for you in setting up the High and Low Heart Rate Alert on Versa 3 smartwatch.
If none of them works for you then your watch may have broken. It doesn’t happen much but still, this may be the problem with your Fitbit. In this case, you have to contact the Fitbit Service Centre.