The Huawei Band 6 launched on 2 April 2021. The design and features of Huawei band 6 are almost similar to the Honor Band 6, including the dimension. It is ideal for people who are looking for a fitness tracker with all essential health and activity tracking features.
Huawei Band 6 Review(Features and Specs)
1. Size: 1.47-inch
2. Type: AMOLED Touchscreen
3. Resolution: 194 x 368 pixels
4. Dimension: 43mm×25.4mm×11.45mm
18 Gramms without Strap
1. Heart Rate
2. Irregular Heart Rate Detection
3. Blood Oxygen SpO2
4. Stress Tracking
5. Sleep Tracking
6 Female Health Tracking
7. 96 Sport Modes
Android 6.0 above and iOS 12.0 and above
The screen size of Huawei band 6 is 1.47-inch which is148% larger than its predecessor, the Huawei Band 4. It uses an AMOLED touchscreen display with a resolution of 194 X 368 pixels (282 PPI) which offers decent screen visibility.
It measures 43×25.4×10.99mm and weighs about 18 grams without a strap. It uses a silicone rubber wrist strap with a traditional clip to secure it on the wrist.
Color Options Available: Amber Sunrise, Graphite Black and Forest Green
Health Tracking Features
It uses multiple sensors to track health metrics and activities. Here are some of the health benefits of having Huawei band 6.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: It uses Huawei’s TruSeen 4.0 Sensor to track your heart rate throughout the day during your everyday activities. The new Huawei Band 6 notifies instantly if the heart rate goes down or above the normal limit.
- Blood Oxygen: The SpO2 sensor used on the Huawei Band 6 can track your blood oxygen level in real-time and alerts you in case of a low SpO2 level.
- Sleep Tracking and stress Monitoring: It uses Huawei TruSleepTM 2.0 technology to track sleep stages, including the nap. Huawei claims that it identifies six sleep disorders and suggests you about 200 tips to improve sleep.
- Female Health Tracking: This extremely helpful feature closely monitors and notifies females of their period’s expected date.
- Stress Monitoring: It uses a technology called TruRelaxTM to monitor your stress level. If it alerts you to an elevated level of stress, use the fitness tracker’s built-in breath training guide to relax.
Fitness Tracking Features
The new Huawei band 6 has 96 sports modes to track the activities. Some of the popular activity-tracking modes are as follows:
- Swimming (5 ATM Water Resistance)
Unfortunately, it doesn’t have a built-in GPS feature. If you want to access location information, you should connect and carry the smartphone along with you.
The smart features of Huawei Smart Band 6 include smartphone app notification, SMS and call alerts, weather alerts, smartphone camera control, smartphone music control and much more. This model does not have an NFC option. It may be available in the pro version.
The battery of Huawei band 6 lasts for more than 14 days (about 2 weeks) after recharge. It uses a convenient, fast charging magnetic dock to recharge the battery. Huawei also claims that 10 minutes of charge can give three days of battery.
Connectivity and Compatibility
It is compatible with Android 6.0 or later and iOS devices with 12.0 later. Unfortunately, music control and female health tracking are not available with Android phones.
Price and Availability
The Huawei Band 6 is available for sale at Huawei Malasia website through their official website. At Malasia, it costs RM 219, which is around $55. Unfortunately, we do not know when it will be available in the USA and Canada.
Saneesh VS is a Registered Nurse by Profession and Wearable Tech Enthusiast by Passion. He loves to write about fitness, smartwatches, and fitness trackers. He also loves reading books on wearable tech, technology in healthcare, artificial intelligence etc., which he has been writing for the past 5 years.