Do you want to use WhatsApp on your Apple Watch Series 6, 7, or SE? If yes, you are at the right place! So, let’s begin without wasting any time!
In this step-by-step guide will tell you how you can install the WhatsApp app on your Apple Watch Series 6, 7, or SE and start using it. We will also see some interesting facts about WhatsApp for Apple Watch.
How to Use WhatsApp on Your Apple Watch? (Step by Step Guide)
As WhatsApp does not have an official app for the Apple Watch, you cannot download it directly into your watch. Instead, you can enable WhatsApp notifications on your Apple Watch.
Once it is enabled, you can send a quick replay to your WhatsApp message with a simple tap.
Now let see the steps to enable WhatsApp notifications on your Apple Watch Series 7, Apple Watch Series 6, or Apple Watch SE.
There are two stages in activating WhatsApp notifications on your Apple Watch.
Stage 1: Enable Notifications on your iPhone for WhatsApp
- Download WhatsApp into your iPhone(if already not downloaded)
- Once it is downloaded, go to the iPhone Settings and find “Notifications.”
- Now find WhatsApp from the list of Apps and turn on WhatsApp notifications with the toggle button.
Now we have completed step one. To give your WhatsApp messages a more personal touch, you can also enable sounds, badges, and banners for WhatsApp notifications.
Stage 2: Enable Notifications on your Apple Watch
In this stage, we are enabling WhatsApp notifications on your Apple Watch. It can be quickly done at the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Navigate to Watch App on your iPhone
- Now open “Notifications.”
- From the list of available apps, locate WhatsApp and allow notifications by turning on the toggle switch.
Now you will receive notifications on your Apple Watch each time you get a WhatsApp message. However, there are some limitations as it only mirrors the WhatsApp notifications of your iPhone.
- You cannot start a new message.
- You can only send a replay to a message.
- You won’t be able to send voice notes.
If you want to enjoy all the features of WhatsApp on your Apple watch, you need to install a third-party app on your Phone. Multiple messaging wrapper apps(WatchUp, W-Chat, or Chatify) are available in the Apple Store that helps you send and receive messages through WhatsApp on your Apple Watch.
Depending on the app that you select, there might be some limitations. For example, if you use W-Chat as your messaging wrapper app, you will send and receive text messages and view images and stickers on your Apple Watch.
The process is quite easy. You need to download a third-party app, install it on your iPhone and allow the necessary permissions for that app to access WhatsApp messages. With this method, you can now interact with all features of WhatsApp right from your smartwatch!
Now let us check how to install W-Chat on your Apple Watch.
- Download the W-Chat App into the iPhone. Once it is downloaded, it will also appear on your Apple Watch.
- Enable notifications for W-Chat at the iPhone Settings
- Now open the W-Chat App on your Apple Watch.
- Once it is open, a QR Code will appear.
Now you have to open the official WhatsApp on scan the QR Code. Here is the step-by-step guide for the same.
- Now open WhatsApp on your Apple Watch and navigate to the settings.
- Locate “Linked Devices” and tap on it.
- On the new window, tap on the “Link a Device.” Once you tap on it, a QR Scanner will appear.
- Just scan the QR Code of W-Chat.
So that’s it! Now you know how to enable WhatsApp notifications on your Apple Watch Series 6, Apple Watch Series 7, or Apple Watch SE.