When it comes to fitness tracking wearables tech, Fitbit is one of the most popular, best-selling health and wearable device builders over the world. They are making a wide range of fitness trackers and smartwatches, both basic and advanced, at a various range of prices.
On the 15th of March 2020, Fitbit has released a new software version(Version No.3.17) for its users. With the use of this new version they have fixed some bugs and made stability improvements. You can use this guide for future OS updates as well.
How to Update Fitbit to the latest version?
So here we go with a step-by-step guideline for you to update your Fitbit to the latest version. We will provide you a detailed guide on the Fitbit OS Update process. This helps you to update your Fitbit smartwatch to the latest version with the help of the Fitbit App or Fitbit Website.
Update Fitbit on Android or iOS device
At first, let us check how to update Fitbit OS using Fitbit Health App. Before we go ahead, make sure that you have installed the latest version of the Fitbit App.
- Go to the app store on your phone where you downloaded the Fitbit app.
- Then search ‘Fitbit’ on your app store search bar.
- After Fitbit application showed if you see the option called “update” tap on it.
- Then it will install the latest version of Fitbit.
Now you are ready to do the firmware update.
- You Fitbit must have at least 70% of battery power in it for a software update.
- Keep your phone and fitness tracker within the Bluetooth range.
- Open your Fitbit app from your phone screen.
- If an update is available for you, you will see a pink arrow next to the tracker’s name.
- After clicking the pink arrow, you will see onscreen instructions to update your tracker. Please follow those instructions.
IMPORTANT: Keep your tracker remains near your mobile device while it updates.
- Cheers! You are done.
Update Fitbit on Fitbit.com Dashboard
Updating Fitbit to the latest version through the Fitbit.com website is not so easy as it update through the Fitbit Mobile App. But don’t worry! With the use of our guidelines, it’s possible to update via the dashboard.
First, you need to have the Fitbit wireless sync dongle which you got with your tracker. if you lost it, then you can buy it online.
Now let’s get started.
IMPORTANT: Keep your tracker near to the computer.
- First, plug the wireless sync dongle to remote match up USB port in your pc.
- If you have installed Fitbit Connect for the first time, make sure to use the latest version.
- There is a Fitbit Connect icon near to the date and time on your computer. If you couldn’t find the icon you need to reinstall Fitbit connect.
- Then you will see an option called ‘Open Main Menu’. After clicking it, you will see an option called ‘Troubleshooting’ click it.
- Below the Fitbit Connect number, click to check updates.
- Then you need to go back to the main menu and you will see an option called ‘Check for device update’. Click it.
- Then you will be prompted to a list of instructions to start the installation.
- If you have an update, it will automatically update.
- Cheers! Now you’re all set.
Are you Having Troubles with Updating Fitbit?
Here are some tips and tricks to avoid troubles.
- Restart your device and then update it again.
- If you are using the Fitbit app, then try the update again after rebooting your device.
- Make use to have at least a 50% battery on your device.
- You need to connect to a good internet connection while updating.
- Check whether you have installed the latest version of the Fitbit application.
- Try updating via a different platform.
If all these attempts are fails, you can also contact Fitbit Supporting Team for assistance.
Fitbit OS Update FAQ
Please check this section if you any additional queries on the Fitbit Software update.
1. What is the latest version of fitbit OS?
Fitbit OS Version 3.4. 2 is the latest update which was released on 15th March 2020.
2. How often do you Update your Fitbit?
You must update your Fitbit if there is a new version available for your Fitbit model which you use. Updated version always offer increase user-experience, security and bug fixces.
3. How do I know if my Fitbit needs updating?
In case of a new software release, Fitbit will notify with you a pink banner on the top of Fitbit App.
4. Why does Fitbit take so long to update?
Make sure a few things in mind while you update your Fitbit to the latest version. Make sure your Fitbit and mobile phone are within the Bluetooth Range. Also, ensure that your device is having enough battery.
5. How do you sync your Fitbit to your computer?
Just plug-in the Fitbit Dongle into your PC and connect it to the Fitbit wirelessly through Fitbit Connect Software.
So I think this guide on how to update Fitbit into the latest software help you in updating your smartwatch or Fitness Tracker into the latest version. If you have any further queries, please feel free to comment below or contact us through our social media channels.
As a Registered Nurse and a Tech Enthusiast, I love the latest Gadgets and Mobile Phones. I started to use Fitness Trackers as part of my journey towards weight loss back in 2018. Since then, I started to use them and now I want to share with you with all the information and knowledge that I know about Latest Fitness Trackers and other wearables in the market. I would be happy if I could help you in buying one of the best fitness trackers available in the market.