People wear smartwatches and fitness trackers throughout the day. Most of the time, people do not turn it off as it constantly keeps on tracking your biometrics and day-to-day activities.
However, occasionally you may require restarting or rebooting your Fitbit wearables to save battery life or troubleshooting software issues.
- How to Find Fitbit Wearables Serial Number?
- How to Fix Fitbit Screen Turn off Quickly?
- Which Fitbit devices come with GPS?
- How to Change time on Fitbit?
Also, you should switch off your device before you store it for a long time.
Many times, people get confused when it comes to shutting down or restarting their Fitbit devices. If you are not sure how to turn off your Fitbit smartwatch or fitness tracker, this article is for you.
How to Turn off Fitbit Versa 3, Versa 2, Versa, Sense, Inspire 2, Inspire HR, Ace and Ace 2?
Not every Fitbit does not allow you to turn off the device. Fitbit smartwatch series such as Versa, Sense, and Iconic can be turned off easily.
However, Fitbit Fitness Trackers such as Inspire series and Charge Series cannot be switched off. But you can quickly reboot the device if you face any technical difficulties on your device.
If your Fitbit Versa Series is frozen or not responding, try to reset the Fitbit Versa 2.
If you are rebooting the device, make sure that the device has at least 50% battery.
How to Turn off Fitbit Versa, Versa 2, and Versa 3?
Fitbit Versa Series such as Fitbit Versa, Versa 2, and Versa 3 can be turned off by following the steps below. All three devices can be turned off in the same way.
- Wake up the device by tapping on the screen or pressing the side button.
- Swipe the screen to the left-hand side and locate the Settings app (gear icon)
- Now scroll down and locate the “About” icon at the bottom and tap on it.
- Now scroll down and locate the “Shutt Down.”
- Tap on “Shutt Down”
- Confirm by tapping on the “Yes” in the pop-up menu.
To turn it on back, just press the side button for 3 to 5 sec until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. If your Fitbit Versa is not turning on, then check this article.
How to Switch off Fitbit Sense Smartwatch?
Here is the step-by-step guide on how to turn off your Fitbit Sense.
- Go to settings.
- Scroll all the way down and tap on “Shutt Down.”
- Now tap on “Shutt Down.”
- Now press on “Yes” to confirm.
If you want to turn it on, press the side button until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. It usually takes 3 to 5 seconds. If your Fitbit Sense is not turning on, check our article on what to do if Fitbit Sense is not turning on.
How to Turn off Fitbit Charge 4 and Charge 3?
As mentioned at the beginning of the article, Fitbit Charge 4 and Fitbit Charge 3 cannot be turned off unless the battery drained completely. However, you can reboot the Fitbit Charge 3 and Charge 4 by following the steps below.
- Swipe to the left-hand side and located the settings app.
- Tap on the settings app.
- Swipe down and locate the “About.”
- Tap on it and swipe down.
- Now find the “Reboot Device” at the bottom.
- Tap on it, and a new menu will appear.
- Now touch on the downward arrow and confirm by tapping on the “✔” icon.
- Wait for a few seconds, and the clock face will appear once the Fitbit Charge 4 reboot is completed.
Fitbit Inspire 2, Inspire HR Reboot Guide
Like the Fitbit Charge series, the Fitbit Inspire Series also cannot be turned off until the battery reaches zero. Follow the step-by-step guide to reboot the Fitbit Inspire Series.
- Open the Settings app.
- Swipe down to the bottom and locate the “Reboot Device.”
- Tap on the “Reboot Device”
- Now touch the screen for 3 seconds.
- Within a few seconds, the system will reboot, and a smiley face will appear on the screen.
Fitbit Ace and Ace 2 Reboot Guide
Fitbit Ace 2 and Ace can temporarily turn off by rebooting the device. It can be done by following the same steps that we did to reboot the Fitbit Inspire Series.
Settings=>Reboot Device=>Press and hold on the screen for 3 seconds=> Done
Many Fitbit wearables such as Fitbit Charge and Inspire series do not allow us to turn it off. But ideally, Fitbit should add this feature to their fitness trackers as well.
Adding an easily accessible power off would be a great convenience for many Fitbit users, especially those concerned about its battery life.
I hope this article answered your question on how to turn off Fitbit smartwatches and fitness trackers in 2021. If you have any further concerns or queries, please feel free to comment below or message us.
Saneesh VS is a Registered Nurse by Profession and Wearable Tech Enthusiast by Passion. He loves to write about fitness, smartwatches, and fitness trackers. He also loves reading books on wearable tech, technology in healthcare, artificial intelligence etc., which he has been writing for the past 5 years.