Apple Watch is an engineering marvel from Apple, and there is no question regarding its reach. But still, we’d like to push it to its limit. The device has proven to be the best smartwatch that can stand without the need for a smartphone. However, the device still needs a smartphone to achieve some tasks. One such task is music playback. So, in this guide, we’ll tell you how to listen to music offline on Apple Watch without a phone.
As said earlier, you’d need a smartphone to do some tasks on an Apple Watch. When it comes to music playback, the Apple Watch couldn’t function as a standalone device. That is, it was. Thanks to streaming services, users might be able to listen to their favourite playlist while their smartphone is not within their reach. You could also listen to them while offline, so make sure you stay with us till the end.
How to Listen Music on Apple Watch without a Phone?
The Apple Watch comes with 8GB of storage, of which one can use 2 GB to store music. Now, 2GB, that’s roughly 500 songs, so make sure to choose your favourites carefully. We’ll start with Apple Music as it is the default music service and comes from none other than Apple.
Remember that your Apple Watch needs to be an LTE model that supports cellular service, and you should have a proper cellular plan to make this work. To verify that, swipe up the control centre from the bottom and look for a button that looks like a radio tower. This indicates your specific watch is a supported one. You could also look for a red-toned Digital Crown on the Apple Watch to check if it supports LTE.
- 【Magnetic Charging】- Easily dock your Apple...
- 【Advance Safety】- This Juhall Apple watch...
- 【Fast Charging】- The iWatch wireless charging...
Listen Apple Music on Apple Watch
If your Apple Watch supports LTE and data won’t be an issue, we recommend that you go with the streaming method. With this, you can save precious memory and, more importantly, time. All you need is a subscription, and you can listen to your favourite from anywhere at any time.
If you’re afraid of an apocalypse and want to have them saved for offline use, then follow these steps.
- Launch Apple Music on your iPhone.
- Create a playlist of the songs you wish to listen to while offline. It is crucial as you must take into consideration the 2GB of storage we mentioned earlier. Anything that goes above that list won’t make it to the watch.
- Connect the Apple Watch to its charger and wait until the playlist syncs. Note that this is a time-consuming process, so we recommend that you do this overnight.
We now need to change the music source in the Apple Watch.
- Open the Music app. Tap and push in on the screen to bring up more options.
- Select Source and set it to Apple Watch.
The synced playlist should appear in the app, and you can play them without the need for an iPhone.
How to Listen Spotify on Apple Watch?
Spotify is the favourite spot for music for a majority of Apple users. And they were happy to kick start the offline music playback feature recently. You can either download or stream music from Spotify. But keep in mind that you’ll need to be a premium user to download songs on the Apple Watch.
- Open Spotify on your smartphone and select the playlist, album, or podcast.
- Press the three dots and click on Download to Apple Watch.
- Go to the Downloads section on the watch to check the progress.
Spotify claims to be best for music and partying, so we recommend this one over the previous one. But personal preferences vary from person to person, so choose the one that best suits you.
Listen Deezer on Apple Watch
Deezer is also another popular music streaming service in the Apple community. The service, like the other two, lets the user stream music from within the Apple Watch. Just like Spotify, you’d need a valid subscription to download music on the Apple Watch. If you own an Apple Watch 3 or later, you could enjoy the best of Deezer, and yes, Apple and Spotify do have a lot to learn from them.
Download Using a Phone
The phone automatically handles the download and transfer the data to your watch via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.
Direct Download from the Apple Watch
The watch can be used to download music if it is connected to Wi-Fi or if it has internet access. You can download as many files as your memory allows.
Connect to a Speaker/Headphone
We’ve covered downloading and streaming music on Apple Watch. But we haven’t yet mentioned actually playing those files through a speaker or a headphone. Let us assume that it was a good decision not to include a headphone jack as it won’t be a pleasing sight to watch someone connecting a wired headset to an Apple Watch. Or we could assume the engineers at Apple don’t know how to design a headphone jack (pun intended). Our only hope is to use Bluetooth as an alternative.
Lucky for us, they’ve made it easy for us to pair a pair of Bluetooth speakers to an Apple Watch.
Turn on your pair of headphones or speakers and make sure they aren’t connected to any other device (just to avoid any connectivity issues).
- Go to Bluetooth within the Settings app on Apple Watch.
- Give it some time to search for nearby devices. Select the one you wish to pair when it appears in the list.
If you’re using headphones that use the Apple W1 chip (ones like the Air Pods or BeatsX), they will pair automatically with the Apple Watch.
That should wrap things up. We hope you found this guide helpful. Don’t forget to hit the comments if. you know why…!
- GPS model lets you take calls and reply to texts...
- Measure your blood oxygen with an all-new sensor...
- Check your heart rhythm with the ECG app
He often loves to write and read about new technologies. He is actively working for GizmoChina, GoAndroid and several other blogs. In his leisure time, he loves to tinker with servers.