Fitbit Smartwatches like Fitbit Versa Series and Fitbit Sense support a lot of third-party applications. You can download these apps from the Fitbit App store. Spotify, Uber, Weather, etc., are popular apps that you can access from your Fitbit smartwatches just by swiping to the left side.
In this article, I will explain to you how to download a new app on your Fitbit Versa or Fitbit Sense. Before we start, keep following this in mind.
- You must have downloaded the Fitbit app from the app store and paired it with your Fitbit Versa or Fitbit Sense.
- You cannot download any app directly from the smartwatch. Instead, you should go to the Fitbit Mobile App to download an app onto your smartphone.
- Apps like Spotify, Uber, etc., require an active data connection. This means that you cannot access these apps when you are not connected to a smartphone.
How to download a new app on Fitbit (Fitbit Versa, Versa 2, Versa 3, and Sense)?
- Open Fitbit App on your smartphone
- Tap on the profile image on the left upper corner of the Fitbit App.
- From the list, tap on your device name. Example: Fitbit Versa or Fitbit Sense
- Tap on Apps to open the app store.
- Now tap on the “All Apps” to see a list of available apps on the Fitbit App store. You can also use the search bar to search for a specific app.
- Once you locate the app, tap on it and press “Install.”
- When you tap on the “Install button,” the App will automatically download into your Fitbit device.
- Now swap left on your Fitbit home screen to see the newly added app on your Fitbit.
If you do not see the app on Fitbit, manually synchronize the smartwatch with the phone. You can manually synchronize your smartphone with Fitbit in two ways.
- Open the Fitbit and swipe down the screen from the “Today” tab.
- Open Fitbit App=>Tap on profile image=>Tap on device name=>tap on “Sync Now”
Some apps like Spotify, Pandora, etc., require a premium subscription to integrate it with your smartwatch.
I recommend you download only necessary apps into your smartwatch as the storage capacity is limited in a smartwatch. If you are out of memory, you can uninstall the unneeded apps from your Fitbit.
How to uninstall an App from Fitbit?
Follow the step-by-step guide to remove the unneeded app from your Fitbit Versa, Versa 2, Versa 3, or Sense.
- Open the Fitbit App on your smartphone.
- Tap on the image on the left upper corner of the Fitbit App.
- Now tap on the device name.
- Now tap on the “Apps.”
- Locate the app that you want to uninstall under the “My Apps” section and tap on it.
- Now tap on the “Remove” to uninstall the app from the Fitbit
I hope this article on How to Download a New App on Fitbit has helped you in installing and enjoying new apps in the app store. If you have any further questions about the installation of an app into Fitbit wearables, please comment.
Saneesh VS is a Registered Nurse by Profession and Wearable Tech Enthusiast by Passion. He loves to write about fitness, smartwatches, and fitness trackers. He also loves reading books on wearable tech, technology in healthcare, artificial intelligence, etc., which he has been writing for the past 5 years.