Fitbit Versa 2 is one of the best hot selling smartwatches now. I also own a Fitbit Versa, and I really like Versa 2 because of its fabulous features and functionalities.
Fitbit Versa 2 is one of the best smartwatches with music storage. It allows us to store over 300 music in it, and you can listen to them even without a smartphone just by connecting a wireless headset.
- Best Smartwatch for Women.
- Best Clip-on Fitness Tracker for Women.
- Best Smartwatch for teens and Kids.
Today in this detailed guide, I will explain the step-by-step guide on How to add Music to Fitbit Versa 2? Although it supports music streaming apps such as Spotify and Deezer, I do not explain it here as it requires you to have its premium subscription.
Using this method, you can transfer the songs stored on your laptop or desktop into your Fitbit Versa 2. So that you can listen to them while you workout.
How to add Music to Fitbit Versa 2?
Before we start, keep the following points in mind. If you stuck anywhere, please feel free to comment below or contact us at DigitMize Facebook page.
Pre-requirements to transfer Music to Versa 2 from a Laptop.
- Private WiFi: Make sure you are on a private WiFi network. It does not work on public WiFi networks in a coffee shop or other public spaces. Also, make sure that you have connected both the devices to the same WiFi Network.
- A laptop or mac: You can not transfer the songs or podcasts stored in the mobile phone or tab.
- Recharge the Fitbit Versa 2 at least 50% to avoid any interruption during the process.
- Turn Off Bluetooth on the smartphone as it may interfere with the transfer of music and podcasts to Versa 2.
- Patience: Yes, you must have some patience as it is not easy to add music to Fitbit Versa 2. When I did it the first time, I stuck more than a couple of times during the process. At that time, the Fitbit community was also not helpful for me in fixing the issues encountered.
Supported Music Formats
Not all types of songs or music can not be transferred to Versa due to file format and copyright issues.
|Windows PC or Laptop||Mac|
|MP3 files||MP3 files|
|MP4 files with AAC audio||MP4 files with AAC audio|
- MP3 files
- MP4 files with AAC audio.
Step By Step Guide to add music to Fitbit Versa 2
Follow the step by step guide to ensure the uninterrupted transfer of music from Laptop to Versa 2.
- Head towards your PC and download the Fitbit Windows App from the app store.
- Log into the Fitbit app.
- Now click on the Fitbit Versa icon or the music icon on the right upper corner of the app.
- Now a new window will open up and just click on the music icon.
- Another window opens and now click on “Personnel Music.”
- Now a blue colored window opens up as seen in the image.
Now head towards the Fitbit Versa 2 Smartwatch and tap on “Transfer Music.” You can locate it in the music app of the Versa 2 watch.
As you tap on the “Transfer Music” on Fitbit Versa 2, a new window will open on the desktop/laptop.
- Now tap on “Search other locations” to select the music that you want to upload into your Versa 2.
- If you do not see the songs in the folder while trying to upload music, then tap on “Create new playlist” just above the “Search other locations.”
- Now you will get two options to load music; “Drag and drop or browse.” In my case, this time, I was able to see the songs in the folder. If you are still unable to see the music in the folder, drag and drop your favorite songs into the newly created music playlist.
- After loading songs, click on the small white circle next to the music playlist to download songs from laptop to Fitbit Versa 2.
- Now, wait for the songs to load into your Versa 2. You can see the progress and expected time required to load the songs in the status bar on the top of the Fitbit Desktop app.
- Once the upload completes, the white circle next to the playlist converted into a blue tick mark.
Once the upload completed, you can pair it with wireless earbuds or headphones directly from your Versa 2 smartwatch.
You can get basic music controls such as Play, Pause, Next, Previous and volume controls on the watch.
So you can easily control the songs with a few tap on your watch. It is very convenient, especially while you workout.
Additionally, you should also remember that if you use the music feature in Versa 2 app, the battery will drain faster. So always recharge the smartwatch before you go for a workout to increase the battery life of your smartwatch.
- Can I download music into Fitbit Versa 2?
You can not download music directly into Fitbit Versa or Fitbit Versa 2. But you can upload music into Fitbit Versa smartwatch.
- Can I transfer songs downloaded through streaming services?
You can download the download music in Fitbit Versa 2 smartwatch from streaming services such as Spotify, Deezer, and Pandora. But you need to have its premium subscription to add songs into Versa 2.
- Can I download songs into Fitbit Versa 2 from Pandora App?
Yes. Pandora app is supported in United States only. It is not available in outside of USA.
- How Many Songs can be added to Versa 2?
You can add approx.. 300 songs into your Versa 2 watch.
- Can I add songs into Versa 2 from Apple Music or Microsoft Groove?
No. As of now Fitbit does not supports Apple Music and Microsoft Groove.
I think this guide helped you answer your question of how to add Music to Fitbit Versa 2? If you have any further queries, please feel free to comment below or message us on Facebook.