Fitbit updates time automatically, and you do not need to do anything. However, there are some occurrences where Fitbit Smartwatches and Fitness trackers fail to update time by themselves.
Your Fitbit may show incorrect time when it fails to synchronize with the phone and also when you switch from one time zone to another. If your Fitbit smartwatch or Fitness tracker fails to update the time automatically, try to correct the time by restarting the device. If it does not work for you, then continue reading the article.
- Which Fitbit has GPS in 2021?
- How to Turn off Fitbit Smartwatches and Fitness Trackers
- How to Connect MyFitnesspal with Fitbit?
How do you Change the time on a Fitbit?
In this guide, I will explain a few ways to change the time on Fitbit smartwatch and fitness trackers. There are multiple ways to correct the wrong time on Fitbit. Let us check one by one.
Synchronize your Fitbit with Smartphone.
Once you synchronize Fitbit with your smartphone, the time may update automatically. Follow the simple steps to sync Fitbit with your smartphone.
- Keep smartphone and Fitbit close to each other.
- Open Fitbit app
- Tap on the profile picture on the top left-hand corner.
- Now tap on your device name to open the device dashboard.
- Tap on “Sync Now” to manually sync the device with the smartwatch.
If you face issues while syncing, read our article on how to synchronize Fitbit with the phone.
If the time on the device is not updated, then you can easily update it manually. Here is the step-by-step guide to correct the wrong time on Fitbit manually.
Manually Adjust Time on Fitbit
Here is the step-by-step guide to adjusting the time on Fitbit manually.
- Open Fitbit App
- Tap on the profile image.
- Swipe down and locate “App Settings.”
- Tap on “Time Zone”
- Now enable automatic time zone by toggling the “Set Automatically” button.
- Sync your smartwatch again.
*Make sure you enable automatic time zone.
Why should you enable automatic time zone selection on Fitbit?
When you enable an automatic time zone, your Fitbit automatically updates the time in all circumstances. So, for example, you do not need to manually update the time even if you travel from one time zone to another. It will even update the time during daylight saving time in March and November.
How to Switch between 12-hour and 24-hour clock in Fitbit?
Now let us see how to switch between the 12-hour and 24-hour clock in Fitbit. Unfortunately, you cannot make this change in the Fitbit app. Instead, you should go to the Fitbit online web dashboard to change the time format. Here is the step-by-step guide to switching the time format on any Fitbit Smartwatches or fitness trackers.
- Log in to your Fitbit Online Dashboard
- On the right-hand side, click on the Gear Icon and then click on the “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Under the “Personnel Info”, click on “Clock Display Time.”
- Now select the 12 hour or 24-hour clock format and click on the “Submit” button.
- Now sync the Fitbit smartwatch or Fitness tracker from the app.
Fitbit usually does not give you a headache by displaying the wrong time. However, unfortunately, if it happens, you can fix it by carefully following the steps we discussed here.
In extreme situations where you cannot fix this issue, you should contact the Fitbit customer support team for further help.
I hope that this article will answer your question on “How Do You Change the Time on a Fitbit?” If you have any further questions, please feel free to comment below.
Related Post: How to download a new app on Fitbit smartwatches?
Saneesh VS is a Registered Nurse by Profession and Wearable Tech Enthusiast by Passion. He loves to write about fitness, smartwatches, and fitness trackers. He also loves reading books on wearable tech, technology in healthcare, artificial intelligence etc., which he has been writing for the past 5 years.