If you are an iPhone user, then your priority would be an Apple watch. However, iPhone users are now looking for other smartwatches like Garmin because of multiple reasons.
- Suunto 9 Peak Specifications and Features
- Best Cycling Watches in 2021
- Everything you should know about upcoming Garmin Fenix 7
If we compare Garmin and Apple watch, the Garmin watch has some advantages over the latter. Here are some of the reasons why people search for “Do Garmin Watches Work with iPhones?”
- Garmin devices are durable than Apple watch.
- Garmin devices come with many sports’ specific features than the Apple watch. (Example: Garmin Swim 2, Garmin Forerunner Series, etc.)
- High GPS tracking accuracy
- Garmin Watch has longer battery life.
Related Post: Can you swim with an Apple Watch?
Do Garmin watches work with iPhones?
Garmin Smartwatches work with Apple devices that are operating on iOS 7 or more. Just download the Garmin Connect App into the Apple Phone and follow the instructions by the set-up wizard.
What to do if the Garmin watch failed to connect with iPhone?
If your smartwatch failed to connect or synchronize with your iPhone, follow the instructions below.
- Update the Apple watch to the latest available version.
- Update the Garmin Connect to the latest available version.
- Make sure you are using an iOS device with Bluetooth 4.0 or above.
- iOS 7 or above
- Make sure both the devices have enough battery (more than 50%)
- Restart both iPhone and smartwatch
- Unpair the Garmin device from the iPhone and pair again
- Reset the Garmin watch
When you use Garmin Smartwatch with iPhone, you will not be able to use some features. Here are some.
- Apple Pay
- You may get SMS notifications on your Garmin watch, but you will not be able to respond right away from your smartwatch.
Garmin smartwatches work with iPhone. However, you will not be able to use some of its features when you paired it with an Apple phone. We always recommend our users to go with the Apple watch in most cases.
But if you are an outdoor enthusiast and looking for sports tracking smartwatch, choose the Garmin smartwatch. If you have any further queries, we have a helpful article on Apple Watch vs Garmin. This article can give you a detailed insight into the key differences between the two.
Saneesh VS is a Registered Nurse by Profession and Wearable Tech Enthusiast by Passion. He loves to write about fitness, smartwatches, and fitness trackers. He also loves reading books on wearable tech, technology in healthcare, artificial intelligence etc., which he has been writing for the past 5 years.