It is generally believed that fitness trackers are created to wear on the wrist.
Is it possible to wear a fitness tracker on your wrist every time?
Think about a nurse or cook. Their profession does not allow them to wear a fitness band on their hands.
But is there a fitness tracker you can wear on your ankle?
If you are looking for a fitness tracker for the ankle? Then here your search has come an end.
When it comes to ankle based fitness trackers, we do not have many options as wrist-based fitness trackers.
Because of this reason, I did thorough research and end up with a list of best fitness bands for the ankle.
Everything started a few months back when I decided to lose weight.
Sorry, I did not tell you that I am a Registered Nurse and nurses are not allowed to wear anything on my wrist as part of infection control practices. This is my primary reason for choosing an ankle based fitness tracker.
Today I am sharing my shortlisted best ankle fitness tracker for you. And I am pretty sure that this list will help you to choose the most appropriate one for you also.
|3D Fitness Tracker & Real Time Audio Coach, Moov Now:Swimming Running Water Resistant Activity Calories Tracker with Sleep Monitor, Bluetooth Smart Wristband for Android and iOS, Stealth Black||Prime||Buy Now|
|Garmin Temperature Sensor for the Fenix Outdoor Watch, Standard Packaging||Prime||Buy Now|
|Fitbit Inspire HR Heart Rate & Fitness Tracker, One Size (S & L bands included), 1 Count||Prime||Buy Now|
|Huawei Honor Band 4 6-Axis Inertial Heart Rate Monitor Infrared Light Wear Detection Sensor Full Touch AMOLED Color Screen Home Button All-in-One Activity Tracker 5ATM Waterproof (Black)||Prime||Buy Now|
|Garmin vivofit 3, Activity Tracker with 1+ Year Battery Life, Sleep Monitoring and Auto Activity Detection, Black||Prime||Buy Now|
But you should know that there are some drawbacks for ankle fitness trackers when we compared it with wrist-based fitness trackers. Ankle based fitness tracker does not track heart rate accurately because of some reasons.
But wearing a fitness tracker also has some benefits.
Benefits of Ankle Fitness Tracker
- For Accurate Step counting: It is found that when we wear a fitness tracker on the ankle, the accuracy will be more. The runners and cyclists wear ankle fitness tracker as it is more accurate compared to others.
- Avoid Distraction: If you wear a fitness band or tracker on your hand, then we will keep on checking it more frequently. This will distract you from your physical activity or other activities. Using an ankle fitness tracker can improve your concentration by decreasing the distraction during a workout.
- Sleep Tracking: When you wear a fitness tracker on the ankle, it can not track your sleep accurately. Because a fitness band monitors our heart rate during the sleep to identify different stages of sleep.
Best Fitness Tracker for Ankle
Certain physical activities require you to wear a fitness tracker on the ankle for accurate activity tracking. Example: Running and cycling.
So now let us dive into my shortlisted best fitness tracker for ankle.
It is my top-rated ankle fitness tracker. It is on top because of its performance and accurate readings.
Move Now 3D Fitness Tracker is one of the best fitness trackers which you can wear either on your wrist or ankle.
The advanced software and algorithm of Moov Now wearable can track most of your physical activities such as Running, Swimming, Cycling, Cardio Boxing, etc. So without any doubt, we can say that Moov Now is the best ankle fitness tracker.
Its artificial intelligence keeps you motivated by visual and audio coaching.
I am using it for the last few months and I am really happy with its performance. It is swim-proof up to 50 meters and underwater. So you do not need to remove it while taking a shower.
- It has three times more sensors than the normal fitness trackers and which make it unique at a reasonable price.
- The battery can last for over six months without any trouble.
- It is lightweight and waterproof.
- Real-time audio coach.
If you have a Garmin wearable device, then you can buy a Garmin Foot Pod to track your physical activities. You can easily clip on it into your shoes or dress before starting a physical activity.
But you must make sure that the Garmin Foot Pod has paired with your Garmin Fitness tacker through Bluetooth connectivity.
If you are a professional runner or cyclist, then you really need this tiny wearable device to track your activities. Gramin Foot Pod transmit your running data to Gramin Fitness tracker and then to the fitness app which you have installed on your smartphone.
Features of Garmin Foot Pod
- Accurately track fitness activities such as running and cycling
- You can wear it on the shoe or on your garment.
- Small and easy to carry.
Fitbit Inspire HR is one of the best Fitbit available in the market. Fitbit Inspire HR is a lightweight fitness tracker that you can wear on your wrist or ankle. But the band comes with Fitbit Inspire does not allow you to wear it on the ankle.
It is available in three colors and I recommend you to buy the black colored band as it will expose to dirt and soil.
As it is a waterproof fitness band, you can wash it on water after every workout. Make sure you do not wash it on a get or powerful water flow as it may damage the fitness band.
It is designed for your wrist but with DDJOY Bands you can easily wear it on your ankle. You can easily install and remove the band very easily. The band is very smooth, waterproof and sweatproof.
Features of Fitbit Inspire HR
- Continuous heart rate monitoring.
- Track activities such as running, walking, heart rate monitoring and sleep tracking.
- Automatic activity detection.
- Up to 5 days of battery life.
- Get mobile notifications on your mobile.
- Real-time distance and speed tracking with phone GPS.
4. Honor Band 4
Honor Band 4 is another beautiful fitness tracker with dual wear mode. You can wear this Fitness Tracker either on your wrist or shoes. This is one of the cheap fitness trackers with all the basic features like step counting, calorie burned, etc. Unfortunately, Honor Band 4 does not track have a heart rate sensor. But is a waterproof up to 50 feet. So you can use this band if you are a person those who involved activities which are related to water.
Features of Honor Band 4
- Dual Wear Mode.
- Up to 14 days of battery capacity.
- Sleep Monitoring.
- Smart reminders and Mobile notifications on your smart band.
Garmin Vivofit is another fantastic fitness tracker under $100. At this price range, it offers a lot of features which include tracking calories, distance, and sleep monitoring.
But Garmin Vivofit does not have a heart rate monitoring sensor so the sleep tracking may not be as effective as other sleep tracking fitness trackers with heart rate monitoring.
To use it as an ankle fitness tracker, you have to replace the default band with B-Great Ankle Band for Men and Women. It is available in three colors and two different colors. In addition to Vivofit, it is compatible with other fitness trackers such as Fitbit, Misfit, Sony, etc.
Features of Garmin Vivofit
- Track distance traveled, calorie burned, and sleep monitoring.
- One year battery life
- Automatic activity detection.
- Sleep Monitoring.
- Come in two sizes and three colors. The black band is recommended as you plan to use it as an ankle fitness tracker.
Check the Price at Amazon
Can we wear a wrist-based Fitness Trackers in the Ankle? A few of my friends asked me this question. The answer is no. You know why? Fitness Trackers like Fitbit and Apple are designed to wear on the wrist. Its software does not work well if you use it as an ankle fitness tracker.
The other functions, like SpO2 Monitoring and heart rate monitoring, also do not work well if you use it as an ankle fitness tracker. However, Gramin has Polar Bluetooth Stride Sensor, which you can attach with your shoes to track your activities like running. However, you can use this to track swimming as it can only be attached to a shoe. So if you are looking for a fitness tracker for ankle, then you can go for Moov Now without any doubt.
Fitness Tracker on Ankle FAQ
- Can fitness trackers be worn on the ankle? No. You can not wear all the fitness tracker unless the Manufacturer mentions it. When you wear a Wrist Fitness Tracker on Ankle, its sensors and algorithms do not track your activities accurately.
- Is Ankle Fitness Trackers Accurate? If you wear an Ankle Fitness Tracker on Ankle, then it can accurately measure your fitness data.
- Do ankle Fitness Tracker Tracks Heart Rate Accurately? It is controversial. I do not think that a fitness tracker on Ankle tracks your heart rate accurately. A Fitness Tracker tracks heart rate more carefully when you wear it on the wrist.
- Can you wear your Fitbit on your ankle?
Not all Fitbit can wear on your ankle. However, you can wear Fitbit Inspire HR on your ankle.
Unless it is required I do not recommend you use ankle fitness trackers as there are some limitations for them. Now let us see some disadvantages of Ankle Fitness Trackers.
- Your fitness tracker may damage easily especially when you do outdoor activities.
- It can not track sleeping patterns accurately as we move legs too much while sleep.
- You will not be able to look into the scree easily.
At this price range, Moov Now is a better choice to track your Physical Activities by wearing on your Ankle. No other Fitness Trackers can track your Physical Activities as effectively as Moov Now. The 3D Motion Sensors make it a unique fitness tracker for Ankle among others.
I think this article was helpful for you in selecting the best fitness tracker for Ankle. If you have any thoughts or suggestions, then please feel free to comment below.